Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Monday, May 4, 2009

An Update....

Okay, so it's been a while since I've updated. BAAAADDD blogger!! (slapping my hand). I have no excuses, other than my usual hectic life. So, here goes....
Luke's ball season is almost over. Next weekend will be his last season games, then we will have post-season tournament the following weekend. Let's hope these tournaments are more organized than the pre-season tournament. :) He has had so much fun with his first season of
T-Ball and loves playing in the games. Everyday when we go to practice, he asks "Am I havin' a game today?" He has improved so much since the first practice, if only that dirt would stop stealing his attention! As far as the team record....it's not that great. I think we are at 2-6, something like that. Oh well, the kids couldn't care less about winning games. They are just having fun and that's all that matters. I won't be at his games next weekend because Kaylyn has dance pictures at the same time and she HAS to be there. Not much I can do about it, after all, I can't be two places at once! Tomorrow he and I are going on his class field trip to the Alabama Theater for a show (I forget the name of it).
Kaylyn is getting closer to wrapping up another year of dance. Still loving it, but SO ready for the recital to get here. After the recital, we'll have a break for the Summer and in August, she'll be more than ready to get back to dancing. Her recital will be at the BJCC again and she's excited about that. She's still doing well in school, and if all goes well for these last few weeks of school, she will be on the "A" honor roll for the entire year.
Another semester in the books for me. I wrote 2 papers and took 2 final exams last week to wrap up my Spring semester...A.K.A "The classes from hades." I'm just glad they're over, and I made it through without pulling out every hair in my head! Next week I'll start the Summer semester, which hopefully won't be as time-consuming. I just have some management and community clinical hours, so no papers to write (YEAH!). Come on Fall '09!!!
It's been a busy couple of weeks in the ER, thanks to the Swine Flu scare. It's the flu, a different strand, at an unexpected time of year. It's still a virus, it still has to run its course. Nothing to do but treat the symptoms and prevent it's spread, just as we do every winter during flu season. That's all I'll say about that.
Chris is home for the moment. (This week anyway....) He's still working in Mobile, but hasn't had to go for long periods of time like he did November-January. Hopefully it will stay that way! We're hoping he will be able to stay home until we go on our Disney vacation, which is quickly approaching. 2 weeks and 3 days to be exact!!! (Or, 17 days and 20 hours, 5 minutes, whichever you prefer) Either way, we are so ready for May 21 to get here!
Well, I guess that just about sums up the past few weeks around the Chilton house. Glad we're all on the same page again!

No comments: