Sunday, May 31, 2009

FINALLY an Update!

Whew!! What a week! After a 7 days in Disney World, then going to a wedding in Columbus, GA, we've finally made it home and I've finally gotten some time to post some pics of our trip on here. We had a great trip and are now all exhausted. Here are a few pics with an abbreviated version of our trip.

Day 1: Animal Kingdom.
  • Went on a safari, saw some cool animals
  • Luke wonders why everyone is calling him "Prince"
  • Watched "It's Tough Being a Bug" in 3D. Luke doesn't like 3D movies, tries to kick the bugs coming at him.
  • Started raining, went to hotel to rest before dinner.
  • Dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. Awesome restaurant. Luke thinks the elephants are real because they move their ears and eyes.
  • After dinner went to Hollywood Studios.
  • Rode The Tower of Terror, kids loved it, Chris hated it.
  • Kaylyn and I rode The Rockin' Roller Coaster. We both loved it.
  • Watched The Muppet Show in 3D. Luke still not into 3D movies.The giraffe was so close to our bus on the safari
    Hollywood Studios
Day 2: Animal Kingdom
  • Character breakfast at The Tusker House

  • The kids both love the characters, but Luke is totally enamoured with them.

  • Rode Expedition Everest

  • Rode a Dinosaur ride that scared us all to death. Luke thought they were real, there was no convincing him otherwise.

  • Saw The Festival of The Lion King. Awesome show.

  • Back to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon

  • Rode through the Back lot tour.

  • Learned how to make a movie with special effects

  • Watched a stunt show.

  • Dinner at The Brown Derby

  • Torrential flooding when we came out of the restaurant.

  • Got completely soaked running to our bus after waiting 45 minutes for the rain to stop. It didn't.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom
  • Breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, and Pigglet at The Crystal Palace.
  • Explored Tomorrowland
  • Kids excited about driving go-carts on a track.
  • Got burped on by Stitch, gross chili-cheese dog burp (it was a ride).
  • Rode Thunder Mountain. Kids loved it.
  • Rode Dumbo and Tea-cups because everyone knows those are rides you MUST do when visiting the Magic Kingdom.
  • Watched SpectroMagic Parade.
  • Watched Wishes Fireworks show. Loved it.

Day 4: Epcot
  • Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

  • Attempted Epcot, but it was Memorial Day and the place was PACKED.

  • Waited 2 hours, rode Soarin. Awesome ride.

  • Saw Nemo and Friends. Talked to a Holographic Turtle. Amazing technology.

  • Lunch in China

  • Gave it up after lunch and went to rest. We were all completely exhausted by this point anyway.

  • Dinner at The Crystal Palace.

  • Downtown Disney after dinner for some shopping.

Day 5: Back to Epcot
  • Much better day. Fewer crowds

  • Rode Test Track 2 times.

  • Rode Soarin again

  • Road Mission Space

  • Loved them all

  • Lunch in Mexico

  • Watched Honey I Shrunk the Audience in 3D. Scared Luke to death...he was climbing the seats, I had to remove his 3D glasses. He was still scared....but refused to leave....

  • Dinner in Ireland

  • Watched Illuminations from the patio of The Rose Crown and Pub.
Day 6: Epcot again
  • Breakfast in Norway with all the princesses
  • Explored the countries
  • Rode Test Track 2 more times
  • Rode Soarin 2 more times
  • Watched The Lion King's Circle of Life...a not-so-interesting movie (we were tired and hot, it was a chance to rest) Luke wants to know if "something's gonna come out from under our seats." (He remembers Honey I Shrunk the Audience.)
  • Lunch in Mexico
  • Lots of cool hands-on exhibits to play with.
  • Dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada.Day 7: Magic Kingdom
  • Rode Splash Mountain
  • Went through Haunted Mansion
  • Went through It's a Small World. Heard the song over, and over, and OVER.
  • Lunch at The Plaza
  • Kaylyn not feeling well after lunch. She and Chris went back to hotel. Luke and I stayed to explore Toontown
  • Saw Mickey's House, Minnie's House, Daisy's Boat, and rode an airplane through Goofy's barn.
  • Met Pluto and Goofy.
  • Luke fell asleep on the bus back to the hotel after saying he didn't need a nap, so he would be able to go swimming when we returned to the room.
  • Back to Hollywood Studios to attempt to ride Toystory and watch Fantasmic.
  • Got in line for Fantasmic 2 hours before showtime.
  • Nixed the Toystory ride when line moved continually and I knew I would never be able to find Chris in line if I left him to go to the ride.
  • Started raining at 8:15.
  • Announced that performance would be delayed at 8:30.
  • At 9:15, 2 minutes of fireworks and show was cancelled.
  • Kids were disappointed....didn't get to ride Toystory AND didn't get to see Fantasmic. Oh well...can't do it all. Maybe next time...
    All the people waiting in line for FantasmicWaiting in the rain

    From the 2 minutes of the show we got to see, it looked like it would have been amazing

Well, that's the short version. Now watch the video in the next post to see the extended version. Grab some popcorn. It's kind of lenghthy, but what can I say, except 1300 pics to show!

The kids showing off their ID bracelets. These were the best investment I made while preparing for the trip. I had a fear of losing one of them in the massive crowd of kids so I was trying to think of something for them to wear with our cell phone numbers on them so that if they were lost, we could be easily contacted. I found these bracelets here.
Luckily we never had to use them, but it was nice to know we had them.

No comments: