Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Proud Mama!

Okay, so I'm waaaayyyy behind on posting. I know, I'm shameless. I have no excuses, except for our usual daily lives. I've also been preoccupied with a natural disaster hitting my small town and the, ahem, drama that has followed us for the past few weeks. Who would have thought Cordova, Alabama would be known GLOBALLY??? I'm just going to say, don't believe everything you hear on the news and read on the web. People love controversy.

Anyway, on to the point of my post. A couple of weeks ago the kids had their end of year awards ceremony. And the results were.....

Kaylyn had straight A's for the entire year, with her lowest grade being a 97 in Reading! She worked hard and was very proud of her medal. She is now ready to move on to 5th grade. *sniff sniff* My baby girl is growing up way to fast!

Luke received a certificate for the "25 Point Club" meaning he had at least 25 AR reading points for the year. He actually had over 50 points, meaning he read over 100 books for the year! This is no small accomplishment for Luke, since reading is his most challenging subject. He also received all "satisfactory" on his report card. He is officially ready for the 1st grade!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

WOW - Congratulations!!!!