Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Party Time!!

In the midst of Chris' hospitalization this little boy turned 6 years old! Since Chris was in the hospital on his actual birthday, we postponed his family party until Sunday in hopes that Chris could be there. No such luck, but Luke still had a great birthday party.

On the day of his birthday, I spent the morning with Luke before going to the hospital to check on daddy. For dinner, I told Luke we could go where ever his little heart desired. His little heart desired....McDonald's, of course! (Is there anywhere else??)

On Sunday we had his party at my parent's house and he was so excited.

His cake: Iron Man





Clothes from Nana. He's grown so much, nothing fits him anymore!

Guarding his presents from Pop. Pop told him it was a "family tradition" that when a boy turns 6 years old, he has to give half of his birthday presents to his Pop. Of course Pop was just kidding, but Luke thought he was serious and tried to hide all of his presents.


And what birthday wouldn't be complete without some hunting gear. Paul got him some hunter orange and a deer call. He's ready now!

Luke has been saying some of the funniest things lately. Here are a few of the conversations between he and I:

Me: NO! (Can't remember why I was saying "No")
Luke: When I grow up, I'm gonna get me some of those babies and I'm gonna let them do whatever they want.
Me: I don't think when you "get" you some babies you will let them do what they want. They might get hurt.
Luke: Uh-huh, I'm going to the hospital and pick them out and I'm gonna let them do what they want!

Another conversation:
Me: Luke, time for bed.
(A few minutes later when he reappears from his room for the 3rd time)
Me: Luke, I said, GO. TO.BED!
Luke: Oh, I didn't hear you. I think I'm losing my hearing.

No comments: