Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Monday, January 25, 2010

House - O - Sickies!

For the past week I've been living in a house full of sickies.

It all started at 3:00 am Wednesday morning when I was awakened from my blissful dreams by those dreaded words every mom hates to hear, "Maaaaammaaaa, I just threw up and didn't make it to the bathroom." Lovely. I stagger out of bed, making my way to the child who had made the announcement, only to hear the sound of (more) splattering on the hardwood flooring. I make my way to Kaylyn's room and see that she is indeed the child who has gotten sick and is walking as she proceeds to empty her gastric contents, leaving several messes which now have to be cleaned up. Let's stop right here for a moment. Why do kids insist on getting sick one place, walking a few steps, only to get sick again, creating multiple messes? Just drives me up a wall!

The stomach bug that had invaded my house stuck around for two days. Luckily Kaylyn was the only one affected by the bug. Let's move on to Friday morning. Kaylyn is feeling better. I can now return to work. My alarm goes off at 4:45, signaling it's time for me to get out of bed and get ready for work. As I drag myself out of my nice, warm bed, I notice there is not one part of my body that is not aching, my head is pounding, and I have chin-chattering chills. I take a dose of Motrin and make my way to the shower. Surely a hot shower will make me feel better. Wrong. I give myself a self-diagnosis of the the flu. Fan-freakin-tastic! By this time, it's 5:30 and too late for me to call in to work.

I dose myself with all the over-the-counter meds I can find in the cabinet and head to work. I work my shift and come home and go straight to bed, hoping to feel better the next morning. No such luck. It is now Monday night and I finally feel like I can return to the land of the living.

Luke somehow managed to escape contracting either of the bugs that have invaded my home, which is a good thing. However, he has been off-the-hook needy for the past few days. Seriously, every 10 minutes he was knocking on the bedroom door requesting one thing or another. He just couldn't understand that I was trying to keep from breathing on him in hopes of keeping him from getting sick. Chris has been working crazy shifts so we didn't see him but a few minutes here and there all week, so even dad couldn't keep Luke occupied. I've decided, the next time I get sick, everyone has to be sick! We can all be miserable together!

Hopefully all the bugs have left my home and will not return any time soon!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So, do the kids get it from the cats or do the cats get it from the kids? They can never EVER just vomit in ONE place!!! What the heck is it with happening in the middle of the only peace and quiet we ever get...the three hours of sleep each night???

I think it's payback for whatever evil, miserable thing we did to our parents growing up.

Glad everybody is better!