Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me and Farewell G. Poe!

Yesterday was my birthday. I had the best day, despite the dreary weather. I got to sleep late (quite possibly the best gift ever!), spent the day with my kids, who were on their best behavior (I told them the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a day without sibling bickering!), got my hair done, then Chris and I went to the Macaroni Grill for G. Poe's official farewell bash.Me and G. Poe. She is retiring and moving to Virginia to be with her husband. I will miss her SO much!
Gen and Ken
The ER crew

The kids were so well behaved throughout the evening

The cake....Genelle's famous saying was "Ohhhh My!" She said it over everything. A parent comes to triage with some crazy complaint, G. Poe's response, "Oh my..." Some shocking information is revealed, G. Poe's response, "Oh my..." Her expression will stick around the ER for many years to come.
Our going away gift to her was a scrapbook of all her years in the ER. She loved it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!