Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, June 6, 2008

I've Been Delaying This Post....

So, I've been delaying this post because I just really didn't know how to put what was going through my mind into words. This past week at work has been the most emotionally draining week I've had in the 9 years I've worked there. Last Saturday, the 6 year old son of a co-worker of mine made his journey to Heaven. We tried so hard to bring him back, but God had better plans for this little boy. I've seen this same scene many, many times over the years, and it's always heartbreaking, but when the loss of a child happens to one of your own, in your ER, it's almost unbearable. The death of any child is always hard, but for me, it's especially hard when the child is close to the age of one of my children...I guess it just hits a little too close to home. Please remember to keep the Peeks family in your prayers as they deal with this terrible tragedy. Also, please pray for my other co-workers who were at work that day working on him, we are all having a hard time dealing with this loss. Seeing the way everyone has pulled together to support each other and to offer support to this family makes me truly thankful for the group of people I work with. Each of us has a special calling for the job we do...if we didn't there is no way we could do this job.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My prayers are with you all!