Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back To School!!!

Yesterday was the kid's first day of school. Kaylyn started 5th grade (sniff, sniff) and Luke started 1st grade. They are growing up too fast! They were happy to be back at school with all their friends and have been ready to go back for the past few weeks. Both kids even got up early AND willingly yesterday! That, in itself, is a miracle! We'll see how long that excitement lasts, but I'm giving it about a week before we're going through the daily battle of getting out of bed and getting ready for school. What can I say, I'm a realist like that :)

Both kids had good reports from the first two days and were happy with their teachers. One of the firsts for Luke is he gets real grades on his school work this year. Today, as he bounced in the car, this is how the conversation went:
Luke: (very excited) "I got a D on my test!!!"
Me: "You got a D?????"
Luke: "Oh, I mean a, um, B.....I think...."
Poor child, doesn't know the difference between a "D" and a "B."


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think Luke's enthusiam is worth upgrading that "D" to a "B". Good job!