Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Luke!

Luke will be 3 years old tommorow. I can't believe it! It seem like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting his arrival. He is getting to be such a big boy. In the past year, he has started talking non-stop, he has thrown away the "pappy", he has gotten rid of the sippy cups, he has moved from his crib into his big boy bed, and he has potty-trained. He has also lost his baby look and now looks like a little boy. But what kills me the most is his independence. I hear several times a day, "I can do it by myself, I'm a big boy." He told me the other day when I was taking him to school, "Don't hold my hand, I'm a big boy." His independence is a good thing in most ways, but sometimes I just want him to stay little a little while longer. He also has some of the funniest conversations. The other day while driving home from school:
Luke: "I want to go swimming today."
Me: "You can't, we don't have a pool."
Luke: "Well go to Wal-Mart and buy one."

You guessed it, Wal-Mart is his favorite place to be!

2 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

i love the wal-mart conversation!

i can't believe he's already 3!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke. You are growing up so fast. Keep the pictures coming. Tricia